Puerto Rico Revealed – Terms & Conditions
Puerto Rico Revealed offers a variety of tours, tickets and services (“products”) through its website (PuertoRicoRevealed.com).
Because our Terms & Conditions contain legal obligations, we encourage you to read them carefully. They form the basis on which bookings are accepted by Puerto Rico Revealed.
Unless otherwise stated, purchases made through Puerto Rico Revealed.com are subject to these Terms & Conditions; in all booking arrangements, the person making the booking shall be deemed to have accepted these conditions on behalf of the persons named in the booking.
No variation to these Terms & Conditions shall be of any effect unless made in writing by and with the authority of Puerto Rico Revealed.
The Disclaimers & Limitations Of Liability
- Under no circumstances will Puerto Rico Revealed or its agents, affiliates, service providers, suppliers, and/or distributors be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Puerto Rico Revealed.com regardless of the form of action.
- Puerto Rico Revealed and its agents and suppliers, in making arrangements for hotels, tours, transportation or any service in connection with the itineraries of individual customers, shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity, liability or expense to person or property due to act of default by any hotel, carrier or other company or person providing services included in the tours.
- Furthermore, Puerto Rico Revealed and its agents and suppliers accept no responsibility for any sickness, pilferage, labor disputes, machinery breakdown, government restrains, acts of war and/or terrorism, weather conditions, defect in any vehicle of transportation or for any misadventure or casualty or any other causes beyond their control.
- Puerto Rico Revealed’s content – including the information, names, images, pictures, logos, prices, dates, and availability regarding or relating to Puerto Rico Revealed, Puerto Rico Revealed.com and/or service provider, operator and/or distribution partner is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- At Puerto Rico Revealed we check and recheck the details about all the products and services we offer for accuracy. However, Puerto Rico Revealed does not warrant that functionality, content or information contained on Puerto Rico Revealed.com will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Puerto Rico Revealed.com or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The Restrictions On Use
- You agree that you will not, and will not assist or enable others to:
- Use the site to threaten, stalk, defraud, incite, harass, or advocate the harassment of another person, or otherwise interfere with another user’s use of the site;
- Use the site to submit or transmit spam, chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not;
- Use the site in a manner that may create a conflict of interest, such as trading reviews with other business owners or writing or soliciting reviews;
- Use the site to promote bigotry or discrimination against protected classes;
- Use the site to violate any third-party right, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- Use the site to submit or transmit pornography or illegal content;
- Use the site to solicit personal information from minors or to harm or threaten to cause harm to minors;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index the site or any site Content;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means; use the Site or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, “Viruses”); use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site; make excessive traffic demands; use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the site or site Content; remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
- By using Puerto Rico Revealed.com you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately.
- If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following Terms & Conditions, please do not access and/or use Puerto Rico Revealed.com.
- Puerto Rico Revealed may change these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Please review these Terms & Conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Puerto Rico Revealed. Your continued use of Puerto Rico Revealed.com or a Puerto Rico Revealed after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Puerto Rico Revealed.com content (inclusive of text, images, URLs, pricing information, etc.) in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Puerto Rico Revealed.com content requires the prior written permission of Puerto Rico Revealed.
- You agree to use Puerto Rico Revealed.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of Puerto Rico Revealed.com.
- Your use of Puerto Rico Revealed.com is intended for personal, noncommercial use and/or to make legitimate requests to book the products or services offered such as the iBook or PDF. You agree not to use this site to make any speculative, false or fraudulent requests. You agree not to use robots or other automated means to access this site, unless specifically permitted by Puerto Rico Revealed.
- You represent and warrant that you (a) have not previously been suspended by Puerto Rico Revealed or otherwise banned from the site; (b) are not a direct competitor of Puerto Rico Revealed; (c) do not have more than one Puerto Rico Revealed account at any given time; and (d) that you have full power and authority to enter into these Terms of Service and in doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party.
- We grant you permission to use the site subject to the restrictions in these Terms & Conditions. In accessing or using the site, you may be exposed to content from reviews or other people that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate. Puerto Rico Revealed does not endorse such content, and cannot vouch for its accuracy. You therefore access and use the site at your own risk.
The Products & Services
- All products, tours and services offered by Puerto Rico Revealed are valid as per the dates displayed at Puerto Rico Revealed.com unless otherwise noted. Puerto Rico Revealed is not responsible or liable for any information that it does not directly provide.
- All requests for modifications/amendments must be directed to the Puerto Rico Revealed email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Puerto Rico Revealed does not charge a fee to amend or change the dates of an existing booking, as long as the request is received by us more than three (3) days ahead of your confirmed travel date.
- It is not possible to change or modify a special event, theater or show ticket. Sales of these tickets are final and cannot be amended once your original purchase is confirmed.
- All other date-change requests and amendments are subject to availability by our suppliers and/or service providers; Puerto Rico Revealed cannot guarantee the success of any date-change request.
- If you request a date change within three (3) days or less of your confirmed travel date, Puerto Rico Revealed will attempt to honor your request; however changes made three days or less from your original travel date may attract an additional fee. For multi-day and overnight tours, date changes made within seven (7) days of your confirmed travel date may also attract additional fees from our suppliers and/or service providers.
- Occasionally our suppliers and/or service providers make changes to tour dates, prices, inclusions, coverage, age requirements, etc. As a result, Puerto Rico Revealed reserves the right to cancel, change or substitute any service, tour, ticket or product that you have booked at Puerto Rico Revealed.com at any time, for any reason.
- In such cases, if you are dissatisfied with the alternatives offered, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price.
- Notwithstanding the above, when we are informed in advance by our agents, service providers and/or suppliers of a significant change to a booking and/or to a tour, product or event, we make every reasonable effort to notify the consumer, travel agent and/or distributor as appropriate, in order to amend or re-issue the booking where feasible.
The Payments & Cancellations
- Puerto Rico Revealed accepts the following credit cards: Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover.
- There is no charge or service fee for processing credit or debit card payments.
- A deposit payment by credit or debit card is required to make a reservation. Occasionally you may be required for the full payment up front. Payment will be listed as ESCALERA 4, INC on the credit or debit card statement.
- No refunds are available once a tour or service has commenced, or in respect of any package, accommodation, meals or any other services utilized.
- Canceling a booking with Puerto Rico Revealed can result in cancellation fees being applied by Puerto Rico Revealed, as outlined below. Additional fees may be levied by the individual supplier/operator (see your Puerto Rico Revealed Boarding Pass / Receipt for specific details). When canceling any booking you will be notified via email, facsimile or telephone of the total cancellation fees.
- Event, Attraction, Theater, Show or Coupon Ticket
These are non-refundable in all circumstances.
- Gift Certificate
These are non-refundable in all circumstances.
- Other Tour Products & Services
If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
- Event, Attraction, Theater, Show or Coupon Ticket
- The value of the transaction may be subject to taxes, foreign transaction, currency exchange or other fees. Your bank or credit or debit card company may convert the payment into the local currency and charge fees, resulting in differences between the amount displayed on Puerto Rico Revealed.com, and the final amount charged to your bank account or credit or debit card statement. Please contact your bank or card company if you have any questions concerning any applicable conversion or fees.
The Payment Processing
- Under this agreement, the payment processing services for services purchased on this website are provided by Paytech Inc. on behalf of Escalera 4, Inc. or by Puerto Rico Revealed depending on the type of payment method used for the purchase of services.
The Private Tour Guide Companies
- Puerto Rico Revealed provides customers with information regarding Private Tour Guides. Private tour guides are independent contractors and not agents or affiliates or employees of Puerto Rico Revealed.
- Customers are responsible for working directly with private tour guides on scheduling, meeting time / place, tour specifics and, where specifically noted, payment terms. Puerto Rico Revealed makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding private tour guides or their services.
- By booking a private tour guide, customers acknowledge and agree that, in addition to Puerto Rico Revealed’s standard Terms and Conditions, neither Puerto Rico Revealed nor Escalera 4, Inc. its agents are liable for any accidents, losses, injuries, damages, delays, expenses due to any action or inaction on the part of the guide or his/her services.
Your Documents After You Book / Purchase Product or Service
- You will receive a personalized Puerto Rico Revealed Boarding Pass / Receipt / Voucher for each tour, event or service booked. In order to access and print your Puerto Rico Revealed Voucher(s), you will be provided access to a secure webpage hosted by Puerto Rico Revealed that contains a link to your Puerto Rico Revealed Voucher(s) and/or receive an email with such information.
- You must provide the original, authentic Puerto Rico Revealed Voucher / Boarding Pass / Receipt to the appropriate service provider in order to redeem your tour, ticket, or package. Your reservation cannot be honored or redeemed without presenting this in a valid manner.
- For security purposes, when redeeming your Puerto Rico Revealed Voucher you must present a valid Photo ID and sign the Puerto Rico Revealed Voucher. This is for identification purposes and helps us to prevent fraud.
- In some cases Puerto Rico Revealed also requires that you present the credit or debit card used to purchase your tour or ticket at the time of redemption. This generally applies only to attraction and show tickets. This helps us to prevent credit-card misuse. You will be advised at checkout whether or not you must present the credit or debit card used for booking. In some cases Puerto Rico Revealed will waive this requirement, generally to facilitate the process. However this requirement can only be waived by contacting us once your booking has been confirmed, and any changes or amendments will be made at Puerto Rico Revealed’s sole discretion.
- Please note that your Puerto Rico Revealed Voucher(s)/Boarding Pass / Receipts can be confiscated – and immediately canceled without refund – if your signature and/or name do not match those shown on either your credit or debit card or Gift Certificate.
- You can contribute to the site in a number of different ways, including writing reviews (your “Content”).
- We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including displaying it on the site, reformatting it, editing it for clarity and grammar, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms (“Other Media”). As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us permission to use your Content for any purpose. You also irrevocably grant the site’s users and the users of any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Site and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content.
- You alone are responsible for your Content. You assume all risks associated with your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness, or any disclosure by you of information in your Content that makes you personally identifiable. You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use, and authorize the use of, your Content as described herein. You may not imply that your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by Puerto Rico Revealed.
- You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your Content violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; exploits or otherwise harms minors; or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
- We may remove or reinstate user Content from time to time at our sole discretion. For example, we may remove a review if we believe it violates our content guidelines. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your Content.
- Puerto Rico Revealed and its affiliates may display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with your Content on the Site and Other Media. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
The Account Termination
- We may terminate or suspend your account or ability to use the Site, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability of any kind. For example, we may terminate or suspend your account or ability to use the Site if you misuse the Site. Any such termination or suspension could prevent you from accessing your account, the Site, your Content, Site Content, or any other related information.
- You may terminate the Terms of Service at any time by closing your account and discontinuing your use of any and all parts of the Site. If you close your account, we may continue to display your previously published Content and are under no obligation to remove any of your Content.
At Puerto Rico Revealed, we recognize that earning and retaining your trust is one of the most important things we do as a business. Protecting your privacy is a responsibility we take very seriously.
At Puerto Rico Revealed we seek to maintain the integrity and security of your Personal Information.
We use industry-standard encryption protocols when receiving and transferring your Personal Information. In fact, when you send Personal Information to us over the Internet, we first require that a “secure session” be established using Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
We seek to store your Personal Information in secure operating environments that are not accessible to the general public, and to have security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information by our employees or third parties.
However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage environment can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times. Puerto Rico Revealed will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your Personal Information. Puerto Rico Revealed will rely on you telling us if you experience any unusual events that may indicate a breach in your information security. We will then seek to investigate whether the security breach was related to the data transmissions from or to Puerto Rico Revealed and let you know what steps can be taken and have been taken to help rectify the problem. Further action, such as reporting incidents to the police or other proper authorities, may also be required.
The Contact Information
For some Puerto Rico Revealed services you can access and update your registration and Personal Information online.
Puerto Rico Revealed operates this website via our corporation Escalera 4, Inc.
- Puerto Rico Revealed.com is our flagship website, where we offer our complete range of products and services directly to consumers.
- We also work with distributors (as discussed below) who manage the hosting, purchase and payment for our products and services.
We collect two types of information from you on our websites, via email, and through our service providers and distribution partners. Personal Information is information that identifies you personally, such as your name and email address. We also collect Other Information that does not identify you personally, such as gender, country of residence and other demographic information.
In order to purchase our products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose Personal Information, including your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card details and other personally identifying information. If you do not provide Personal Information when purchasing one of our products or services, we cannot confirm your purchase or fulfill your booking.
When you register with Puerto Rico Revealed, we ask for basic information including your name and email address, and Other Information such as your signup location. If you connect to Puerto Rico Revealed using Facebook, we may also collect information that you have chosen to make available in your Facebook privacy settings, including Personal Information such as your Facebook email address and Facebook username, Other Information such as your profile picture and friend lists, and any other Personal or Other Information you have chosen to make available.
You can contribute to the site in a number of different ways, including writing reviews. We may store these contributions (your “Content”), display them to other users, and use them for promotional purposes. Note that if you include Personal Information in your Content, it can be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your Content.
“Cookies” are pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard disk, for record-keeping purposes. Cookies in and of themselves only identify your computer; they do not personally identify you.
Most web browsers allow you to turn off cookies; however, turning off cookies will limit your use of our websites.
Third-Party Cookies: We also use third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you are visiting our websites and we permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your computer in the course of serving advertisements. Such advertisers do not have access to the information we collect through Puerto Rico Revealed cookies. You can opt out of this at any time. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not ours.
The Use Of
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with the information you request about our products
- To send you email marketing messages and information
- To fulfill your bookings
- To confirm your purchases
- To ensure you are correctly billed
- To measure and track demographic details about our customers
- To target content on our website to more closely match your interests
- To target the appropriate content for email marketing messages to better match your interests
We will provide you with choices regarding the use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
If you connect to Puerto Rico Revealed using Facebook, we may show you reviews, photos and tours that your Facebook friends have posted, shared, saved or purchased on Puerto Rico Revealed. Note that, if you have Facebook friends who are using Puerto Rico Revealed, they may also share information about you with us through Facebook. If you wish to prevent that sharing, please review your Facebook privacy settings.
You can also choose to access third-party social media websites and services through Puerto Rico Revealed (such as Facebook and Twitter). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share is governed by their privacy policies.
We also share your Personal Information with third parties contracted to provide us with marketing and data reporting services who are bound by an obligation of confidentiality and with other third-party marketing partners.
We currently contract with several third-party online partners to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. We use the services of third-party marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our website. To do this, we use web beacons and cookies provided by such marketing companies in connection with our websites. The information we collect helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. You can opt out of this at any time.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, you or others; or (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information, as long as it is so combined.
The Vendors/Suppliers/ Distribution Partners
Some suppliers or distribution partners may operate in countries or states that do not have laws or regulations for the protection and safeguarding of Personal Information. Puerto Rico Revealed seeks to take reasonable steps to persuade all its suppliers and distribution partners to adopt and adhere to privacy policies that are substantially similar to this one. However, please be aware that Puerto Rico Revealed is not in a position to force adherence, so we will rely on you and our other Customers to inform us if your privacy is not being adequately protected by our suppliers or distribution partners. Puerto Rico Revealed may then seek to take steps (including severing its relationship with offending suppliers or distribution partners) to help prevent other occurrences.
The Email Communication
We may send to you marketing emails with information about Puerto Rico Revealed deals, new blog articles, and other special promotions that we believe that you will find valuable, interesting or informative. We will provide you with choices regarding our use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. If you are no longer interested in receiving future email marketing communications from Puerto Rico Revealed, you have several choices for opting out of future mailings:
- You may unsubscribe at any time by following the directions and link included in each email marketing message we send.
- Email us back directly at shawn@puertoricorevealed to let us know you want to unsubscribe.
Please note that, even if you opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from Puerto Rico Revealed, we will continue to send to you emails regarding your purchases and bookings, and regarding administrative information such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies. If you make a booking or purchase at one of our websites, we may also send you information about new products, or ask your opinion about our websites, etc., so that we may improve our service to you and other consumers.